Tonight I was looking forward to watching 30 Rock(I watched this for the first time last week and it was pretty funny) and The Office. We tivo'd it (we don't have tivo. We have a DVR. Is there a correct term to use for this? Or is it like saying Coke when you mean any type of soft drink?).
I got myself all comfy and sat down with Bart to watch it (these are the only shows we watch together besides Lost) and guess what?! There was a storm in our area and they spent the entire hour showing the radar screen and holding up quarter size pieces of hail. What the hail?
Come on! I don't care about some storm that is still 45 minutes away and even if it was sitting right on top of me (which it was when we actually sat down to watch it) just break into my regular programming to tell me that my house is about to be run down by a tornado. That way I can grab my tv and my kids and get in a safer place to continue watching my show.
The good news is I went visiting teaching tonight. It was the best visit ever. We meet at the salon to get pedicures. So at least my toes look good.
The other thing that is bugging me today is I found out my cell phone was really stolen. Yes, Kathy you were right. I should have cancelled it. They have been using it for three weeks now. I spent the afternoon calling all the people they have been calling and I think their life is more exciting than mine. How sad! They used the phone way more than I did.
13 comments:
Hey Farrah, it's Kathy McCullough in Utah, I have to agree on the weather stuff, it is so annoying. Just get on with it already. Great idea for visiting teaching, I'm going to have to try that one!
Is is okay if I add you to my friends list on my blog? themcculloughclan.blogspot.com?
Farrah, I was right there with you..I got so pissed about the stupid weather. There was no need for all of that and now we missed all our shows.
Kathy- yes add me please! It is good to see you.
Farrah,
You were watching channel 5. Did you see the weather men almost tag teaming? This was on all the tv stations! I watch "ER" and guess what? My satellite goes off. I gave up and went to sleep.
Did you make your appointment at the nail salon? Did you give the lesson, or just visit. This could be a great! Imagine going and waxing together, or getting a massage together, or how about acupuncture?
LIZ
Ladies, do be so down you can get all your shows on nbc.com. Go get your toes done, get a tub of ice cream and sit down at the computer and enjoy!!!
I am with ya on the weather cut ins. & I spoke from experience and am so sorry that happened to you. I would hope I could have helped someone. Sorry chicka!
I was in such a good mood when I got home from the best ever v.t appointment! I got some work I had to get done a cherry coke zero, forced G away from his work, sat down and every thing I recorded was stupid weather...I'm still mad!
I did notice the tag team weather men, what was with that!
Liz,
We had an appointment and all three of us were sitting in chairs next to each other. We talked and I did give a short lesson. It was seriously fun!
Wow, can you VT me? How fun is that? What a good excuse to get a pedicure. My feet need it right now!
We don't say Coke for type of soft drink. We say pop. If you say Coke, I think Coke. ;) (I had to say for you!) But if you say Tivo, I know what you mean. We have DVR too and I say Tivo too!
Megan, we say Coke here is Texas and of course "you people" from up there say "pop". ;) Although, I don't use the term coke to refer to sodas. I say "soda".
I really wish I could VT you. That would be so fun to see you. :(
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.
Hello. And Bye.
Post a Comment