Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The price we pay

Amber got it! My $80.17 was to fill up my car with gas.

My questions for you:

  • When you get gas do you fill your car up completely or just put enough gas in to get where you need to go?
  • What is the average gas price in your area?
  • How much does it take to fill up your car?
I remember when I could put $5 in my car and that would last me for quite a while. If I were to put $5 in now, I would be able to drive from the gas station to my house.

While I was filling up I saw some guys pushing a lady's car into the station because she had run out of gas. I wonder if it would be cheaper to hire someone to push my car around all the time instead of buying gas? What do you think?

25 comments:

The Nanny said...

I'm still where I've always been (cryptic, eh? It's to fool all those internet stalkers) and yesterday I filled up my car for $56.44. That is the most I've EVER spent on gas. It's $3.45 a gallon, by the way.

Megan said...

80??? Wow. Mine is usually in the $50ish range. I haven't filled up yet this week. I'm not sure what it is. I just looked up http://www.arizonagasprices.com/ and it looks like its about $3.30, give or take a few cents depending on where you are.

I filled up last Monday and it's Tuesday - I think I'll have to fill up again today or tomorrow. I try to go longer than a week, but don't always make it. Sometimes I go 2 weeks, but not now that swimming lessons has started.

The price of gas makes me sick. It's the same as a gallon of milk!

Allyson said...

Ummm...you need to get a new vehicle. My van is about $45.oo to fill up. I think gas is like $3.30ish $3.40ish or something like that. I always get my gas at Costco and I go right by there when I take Aubrey to Preschool so I fill up on the same day every week, if i need to or not.

Steve drives a diesel and it is over $4.00 a gallon for that more like $4.20 i think and he drives all day long. He fill up at least every other day.

Allyson said...

I saw a thing once about how if you ageraged the price of bottled water out to what it costs a gallon, it is more than gas and people don't give buying bottled water a second thought.

Allyson said...

don't try and agerage it. Just average it.

diana said...

I think we all need to buy scooters.

Unknown said...

Ally, I only have to fill up every two weeks and I have a 22 gallon tank. That is why it costs so much. How big is yours? Gas here is about $3.49 here. But I saw it today for $3.59.

Allyson said...

How am I supposed to know how big my tank is? I am lucky if I remember what side it is on.

Ashley said...

I think here gas is about $3.30 a gallon. It usually costs me between $55 and $60 to fill up. I have a friend who lives in Canada and pays $6 per gallon. So I try not to complain too much.

Megan said...

I'm back. I just paid $3.37. It was $54.XX, but I still had 1/4 of a tank.

Allison - my van is a Honda Odyssey and it's an 18 gallon tank. :)

Allyson said...

Hey, so is mine. Does that mean we have the same size tank?

Megan said...

Probably! Mine is a 2005 model, so as long as it's close in years, i bet the tanks are the same size!

Anonymous said...

Gas here beats you all...3.65 a gallon...seriously too much. But most people who live here don't drive suvs. and farrah it hurts me that it costs that much to fill your car. You could buy a lot of cute stuff for that much.

Truegrit said...

Hi Y'all,

I tanked up Rudy's truck the other day and he was at a quarter of a tank..., I stopped at $75. I try not to let my truck get under 1/2 a tank, and I'm averaging $50 - $60each time I gas up. I have to gas up twice a week if I don't ride the train to work.

That sounds cool to say... I ride the train to work...

Lindsey said...

I've stopped driving places because it makes me so mad! Okay, really I have sick kids, but it's saving me money! I have an 05 odyssey also, and I figured out it costs me $1 to drive 5 miles - and that was about 2 months ago. If I drive freeway/highway it's more miles for the money, but basic city driving costs a lot! So, do I go to Bed, Bath and Beyond today to get my salad spinner and pay the $3-4 in gas or pay $2 more at Target for the product but signicantly less in gas???

Anonymous said...

I am gonna be the sore thumb & stick out and say.........it really drives me crazy that people get so mad over the price of gas......just deal with it.

Unknown said...

Anonymous- why are you being such a chicken. Show your face if you are going to make a comment like that.

Unknown said...

Also, I don't necessarily think people were complaining. If you go back and read my post and everyone elses it is more like they were offering factual information.

I am also wondering if you ever complain about anything?

Clinesville said...

My alternative source of transportation would be for me to drive my kids around in a bus, so filling up my s.u.v isn't as bad as it could be.

I pay like $75 (the pump cuts us off)

Anonymous said...

Haha! You are complaining about people complaining who aren't really even complaining.

That is funny to me. Sounds like you are the only one complaining.

Unknown said...

Coren- you are your own bus! You always have a full car.

Who are the anonymous people? Come on tell us who you are!

Corrine said...

man I'd love to only pay 80 I put in 125 if I fill it all the way, though most pumps stop me at 75 and I think maybe thats a good idea, but then I think oh why not fill it all the way and forget about buying groceries.

Allyson said...

Anonymous, you made me laugh. Hee hee. Unmask yourself, you fiend!

Megan said...

Maybe it's George Bush.

Unknown said...

Megan- that comment made me laugh!