Wednesday, May 21, 2008

T&TT: it's a conspiracy

Technically it isn't Tuesday anymore, but I am have so busy I haven't had a chance to post my "Tried and True Tuesday".

This tip comes from my friend Tonia.

Do you ever buy that foaming soap? Have you noticed it costs more than the regular liquid soap? Maybe you haven't, maybe you have. Well, you can make your own foaming soap from regular liquid hand soap. All you do is pour the liquid soap a little over half way into a foaming soap dispenser. Fill the rest with water and shake! You now have your own foaming soap for half the price.

Now the reason I started doing this was not because I wanted to save money (although you do). I did it because I ran out of the foaming stuff and still had a bottle of the regular stuff. It worked great. Also it made me kind of mad that the soap makers are making more money off watered down soap. It is a conspiracy. I know it!

6 comments:

Allyson said...

I know, it makes me mad too. You know what else makes me mad? That wrinkle release stuff. I have been using a spray bottle of water to spray on my wrinkley clothes since I was a teenager. I never iron. I wish I would have thought to add a little scent to water and bottle it and sell it as some magic wrinkle release. It makes me mad everytime I think about it.

Anonymous said...

what is wrinkle release? Never heard of it and never used it. When i have something with wrinkles i just throw it in the dryer. If that doesn't work it sits in my closet for the rest of forever.

oh and thanks farrah for the soap tip.

Unknown said...

Ally- I am lucky, Bart does all my ironing.

Clinesville said...

Farrah, Bart does everything!
I kidding...well kind of.

Alicia said...

I use the spray bottle method too! The only reason I don't use the smells is because I don't want it to clash with my scent of the day.

I used to reuse my foaming soap dispensers like that too. I stopped using them because I think they clogged up after awhile. I think the big market manufacturers swiped the idea from pampered chief idea somehow and now every ones buying into it. Lambs.

Allyson said...

It is a spray bottle of "secret stuff" you spray on your clothes and then tug them and smooth them and then all the wrinkles disappear. You can do the same thing with a spray bottle of water.