Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where has all the blogging gone?

I don't know the answer to that question. I am pretty much in a rut right now with work and every day life that I just can't seem to make the time to address my loyal fans (which I am sure my fan base is dwindling).

Some Random Stuff:

- school ended with a bang and summer is in full swing- which means getting up late, staying in our pjs all day, and watching lots of tv. Okay, only part of that is true. Okay, just kidding it is mostly all true.

- Our back yard for some reason is the place for reproduction. We have two lovely doves who have taken up nesting in our tree. One of them is always sitting on the eggs that were laid about 4 days ago. How long does it take for them to hatch? Hopefully these babies won't fall in the pool like last year's birds.

- Speaking of the backyard. I have to run "Mother Duck" off every single morning around 9 a.m. Our pool is clean and I want it to stay that way. I don't want to swim in duck poop.

- I don't know if Matthew is hitting the terrible twos early or if he is just going to be a really naughty child. I constantly find him climbing on things or destroying stuff. Yesterday I was putting groceries away and found him popping all my keys off the keyboard of my laptop. While I was fixing that he decide to climb on the desk and pull everything down. PLEASE someone HELP me!

- I laid in bed last night only to jump up with a scream because there was a hard and pokey crocodile sticking in my back.

- My sister Lauren is here visiting and we are all so happy to have her. I feel terrible because she is constantly asking me, "Do you work like this ALL the time?" To which my answer is "Yes. (sigh)"

- Matthew has a developed a superman curl in the front of his head that is always there.


- I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched a show on tv

- Bart and I had a nice very nice Friday night thanks to my mother in law who took the kids for the night. We really love being able to spend uninterrupted time together doing whatever we want. Like going to a movie at midnight, sleeping in, playing pool, or eating at a nice restaurant.

- Speaking of restaurants.... we were at a pretty nice one a couple weeks ago and this family comes walking in. They had two children who seemed to be about 10 and 12. Both had their iPods stuck in their ears. They plopped down at a table and sat there the entire dinner listening to their music. SERIOUSLY!? What is wrong with those parents?

- Dandy (Bart's sister) and Patty (Bart's aunt) had a "Southern Food Feast" Saturday night they invited us to. Man, I should have just stayed home because I ate too much. They made pork tenderloin, fried chicken, crab cakes, cheese straws, corn pudding, salted encrusted red fish, mustard potatoes, shortcake and so much more. It was delicious!

That's about all I got. How'd you like that?

7 comments:

Clinesville said...

I'm still waiting for that crab cake!

Sweet Papery said...

Coren- you don't want it now.

Ashley said...

It is summer after all and adjusting in order, right?? I haven't felt up to blogging a whole lot lately either.

I haven't left my house in three days, today I am getting up, getting ready and forgetting about all the packing and doing something fun for me and the kids.

I could use a foodfest right about now. Until lately I never thought as myself as an emotion eater.....

Anonymous said...

I love Matts curl. So cute.

And I am glad you posted.

Allyson said...

Thanks for posting. I am sorry you are so busy with work.

I have to "Reproduction" song from Grease 2 going through my head now. Thanks.

Addison is going through the exact same phase right now and it is making me crazy. I call her my little holy terror.

Love the curl.

SLOW DOWN. TAKE A BREAK, woman!

Megan said...

THanks for the update! I thought maybe you were on vacation! :) I quit my little job last week. It's a good feeling to not have the stress of it, but at the same time I know I'm going to miss it (and my fun money). I'm glad that your business is doing so well....maybe you should hire an assistant! Like a YW looking for a summer job. Then you can relax a little! :)

The Sabins said...

welcome back! ;) Having lots of work is a nice problem to have...you could just make your stuff less cute and then it wouldn't be so much work...ok just kidding...happy summer!!