Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Confessions: stop being so gross!

Happy Sunday to everyone!

This weekend was FABULOUS! We celebrated Bart's birthday early; it's not until the 29th. More on that to come later, including all the crazy people we encountered.


This Sunday confession is a little different. I want you to confess what completely annoys you.

I will start with a couple of things that got on my nerves this weekend:


  • People who use public restrooms and don't wash their hands! Fine if you are going to do it in your own home (still disgusting), but when you're in public we ALL KNOW when you don't. Please wash them or pretend like you are washing them. So I don't get grossed out. And Bart thought I was crazy for using a paper towel to open the restroom door.

  • People who don't flush the toliet in public restrooms. I know you don't want to touch that nasty handle, come on people, that is why you use your foot

9 comments:

Megan said...

It gets on my nerves when people in front of you at the drive through get their food and then sit there and pass it out to their kids or take a bite or whatever they do. Don't they know we are all behind them waiting for our food too? Just pull forward a little big and enjoy your hamburger - but get out of my way!

And don't get me started about the post office.

Can you tell I don't like waiting?

Clinesville said...

Playing crazy loud bass in cars...well any where for that matter. I hate the thump-thump of bass, it drives me bonkers!

I can't stand it when people don't buckle their children in. It takes 2 seconds and I don't care how squirmy they are, tell them to be quiet and keep the seat belt on!

It also irritates me when women can't stand up for themselves and let their husbands walk all over them.

I've got about 1000 of these...people get on my nerves!!!!

Alicia said...

I don't like dirty kids. I mean I understand if they start clean and end up dirty, they are kids. Start dirty and get more dirty that drives me crazy!

Allyson said...

In Utah we have this lovely little yellow lane down the center of every main road. It is called a turn lane. You can pull over into the turn lane and then begin to decelerate your car, stop, and complete the turn. For some reason unbeknowst to me, people still choose to slow down in the regular lane and when I am behind them it is really irritating.

Also on the way to the library from my house all the stop lights are messed up. Like you stop at a light. Then it turns green and you go. Then you drive 2 blocks just in time to see that light turn red. So you stop. Then it turns green and you go. Drive 2 blocks, get there just in time for red light. If I am lucky enough to get stopped by the first light it takes me 10 minutes to get to the library. On the rare occasions I actually get to drive through all gree lights, it takes me less than 5 mintues.

Allyson said...

And Megan I am probably one of those people who annoy you. So just to maybe soften you heart against us, when you have a gazillion kids with all different orders, usually the drive thru workrs get the order wrong, so you have to go through everything to make sure it is all right. Or else you have to drive back through and wait forever. And heaven forbid if you get home and one child is missing a toy. Even if that child is far to old to be crying because they don't have a stupid toy. And even if I am just going to wait for the next opportune moment to throw it in the trash. I do try to hurry though, and I never take a bite of the food. I promise.

The Nanny said...

One of my biggest pet peaves is when people don't spell other peoples' names correctly even when the name is RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. Okay. So I know that sentence was a lot of pronouns and probably didn't make sense so I'll give you a happy little example.

Let's say Kellie writes a blog. She has her name in multiple places on her blog. Why, then, do people IGNORE that and spell her name Kelly or Kelley when leaving her comments? Ooooh, that drives me crazy.

I suppose this whole irrational pet peave stems from me having a ridiculously easy name to misspell. Huh.

Kathy said...

I hate it when people just don't show up for stuff when they are supposed to be there (shirk their responsibility).

I also can't stand it when people forget things or appointments, get a calendar and use it!

And by the way we all make mistakes but I am talking about the people that do this because they are lazy and take no responsibility and don't care if they hurt others in the process.

Anonymous said...

It makes me angry when you have to deal with people who work for the municipal or state government. There are about ten people working, but only one line with about thirty people waiting. You finally wait to get to the front of the line, only to hear you are in the wrong dept.

Garland's said...

Coren, are you talking about me not standing up to Elliott? I'm trying :(. Just kidding, sorta.

I cant stand when people don't use their blinker when they are turning or switching lanes. Its not that hard.

Also when parents let their kids