Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Recap: #1 The Doll Madness!

Have you been to the American Girl store? It's crazy and it's scary! And can I just say I am so glad I don't have a girl because those dolls are expensive and you can't buy just the doll. They have matching clothes for the girl and doll, tree houses, shoes, pets, furniture, etc, etc, etc.


Bart and I stayed at the Galleria Westin (by the way- we didn't do the American Girl package in this link. I gave that link in case you want to have a weekend get away with your daughter there) this weekend. On our way to our room a lovely girl and her mom got in the elevator at the same time as us. The girl had 3, yes I said THREE, American Girl dolls in her arms and her mom was carrying her other three dolls. This one little girl had six of those dolls! Each doll STARTS at $90.00 and goes up depending on the package you want to get. They must have gotten one of those Westin package deals.


Every where I turned girls were popping up with these dolls and the look of the store and bistro had its own building standing alone next to Saks and Nordstrom. It looked spectacular. I had to go and see what it was like.


It didn't take much convincing at all to get Bart to go with me. I think he too was intrigued. We didn't have Gabe with us, so I figured it was the best time to go. In case you don't know Gabe he wouldn't be caught DEAD in a store like that. (((((Side story: Gabe had to get a birthday present for our neighbor. He was so terrified that someone would think we were buying the My Little Pony for him that he wouldn't get near it at the store!))))


WOW, what an experience. Freaky and amazing at the same time.

There were boxes and boxes of dolls everywhere. Eerily staring through the glass at you making you wonder if they come alive at night.





Then they have a Bistro. So cute! Each girl had her doll or dolls sitting in little booster seats attached to the tables- eating her own meal of course!


Once we saw the doll salon it was time to go. That was enough for both us. We walked out grateful to go home to a less complicated life with our boys who are content with light sabers and Lego's.


11 comments:

diana said...

Ok, now that is a little much!!!

Clinesville said...

I'm still trying to decide if it would be too much for lu. I think it would be fun.

Allyson said...

Crazy. The only reason my girls have one is because of mom. I would be scared to take them to the store. I don't think they know about all the accessories. I wanna keep it that way. Although their dolls could use a trip to the beauty shop. They got bad doll fro goin' on right now.

Allyson said...

And sounds like a fun getaway you and Barty had. And I love the Gabe story.

diana said...

Coren, I knew you would want to do that for Ella but $90 for a doll...

Alicia said...

I have a friend that is a designer for AG and that makes AG cool for me.

Anonymous said...

I loved my american doll when I was little. What was the occasion for getting away?

Clinesville said...

AL could Shelly get me the hook up? Just kidding...but seriously.

The occasion was a pre-birthday celebration for Bart.

The Sabins said...

This is one thing I have not decided if I will be inclined to do...that store scares the bejeebies out of me and is incredibly ridiculous! How freaky is it to get your doll's hair cut at the salon? Send the money to some poor kid in Somalia. And yet, you would not believe the number of little girls in my ward regularly making the trip to get them and eat at the bistro! On a regular basis! So if everyone else is doing it of course my little girl will want to...and I'm a sucker for dumb things my baby wants.

The Sabins said...

Happy bday Bart!

Kathy said...

I do have a girl and I still would not buy her that. Man some kids are way toooooooo spoiled.