Monday, September 08, 2008

I like to call it art

For Matthew (almost 2) eating is a form of art. He loves food- any type of food. You can find him eating avocados, crab cakes, grilled peppers, salsa- just about anything.

He likes to feel the texture, taste the flavor, and most importantly dip it. Often you will find his chicken or apples or whatever he happens to be eating soaking in his cup of milk or water.
Then likes to pull it out and eat it. When I tell him how gross it is, he just smiles like he is saying, "Come on mom, you know, everything tastes better dipped in milk."

Today I found him arranging his food on his tray full of milk. I watched as he picked up a piece of cheese and carefully moved it next to the apple and studied it's placement carefully- it was more aesthetically pleasing there, of course. He kept rearranging after every bite. It was really all so gross.

I keep telling myself he is an artist. Whether that is true or not, it beats thinking my kid is just a plain 'ole sloppy pig.

4 comments:

Allyson said...

How funny. And cute. Lauren says you are coming here in Oct. Is that true?

Clinesville said...

He's definitely an artist!

Anonymous said...

Matty looks so intense, maybe he will be one of those food designers on the Food Network.

Nana

Anonymous said...

cute.