Monday, September 08, 2008

It's another Monday

Good Morning. The weekend has come and gone. I am always a little sad when the weekend is over. Mostly because Bart has to go back to work. Matt always wakes up looking for him Monday mornings. Then he looks at me with a sad face and hands raised in the air, "Dada ga-une". Yes, Matty daddy is gone.

Gabe learned how to ride his bike last week. I have been trying to months to get him to try. We would start working on it and soon both of us would be frustrated. Finally, I told Bart he was going to have to teach him. Gabe and I are too much a like and we butt heads. So he worked with him, gave him some pointers and again Gabe got frustrated. So they stopped.

The next day I look out the window and Gabe is outside riding his bike by himself. He told me what a good teacher his dad was. I was very proud of him for getting out there on his own and applying the techniques Bart taught him. Ever since that day I haven't been able to get him off his bike. We even went on a family bike ride this weekend.



4 comments:

Allyson said...

Good for Gabe! The boys look cute. A family bike ride sounds fun. I am so proud of you for 2 posts in 2 days.

Ashley said...

That actually sounds real nice. Maybe we should do something like that over here.

Clinesville said...

Good for Gabe! He looks so proud of himself.

Lindsey said...

way to go! they seem so much older without the training wheels. way to go for him firugring it out - with help from two great teachers!