Thursday, October 30, 2008

We're not going for Obama

Gabe saw the new Obama sign in our yard and asked if our house was for sale.

"No, that sign is saying we are voting for Obama." I said.

"We are not going for Obama! We want the Longhorns to win!" he says, referring to the Texas football game this weekend.

"Gabe, Obama is running for president. He doesn't play for a football team."

"Oh, my bad."

12 comments:

Megan said...

ha ha. cute. Porter was asking what our yard sign meant too - it's for a marriage proposition. It was hard to explain, so I told him we are voting for things to keep our country a good place to live. And he said "America?" and that was enough for him.

knjfabela said...

That is priceless! Good way to insteal football in him I am sure his daddy was proud.

Allyson said...

I can totally hear Gabes voice and see his facial expressions when he said that.

Allyson said...

Oh, and BTW, if I lived remotely close to you I would egg your sign.

Unknown said...

You McCainers are so much about the hate. Come on, let's have some peace and hope. :)

Amber said...

I would egg her sign too. Or just steal it! Hi Farrah!

Allyson said...

Farrah, I hope you know that I was only kidding when I said that. I wouldn't really egg your sign. I didn't think I was being hateful when I said it. I was TOTALLY joking.

As for having hope, well, that's a different story altogether.....

Unknown said...

I know you were kidding (at least to some degree- I know you would never really egg my sign) but you weren't the only one to say something about it. I am not talking about people on here - people who have actually come to my house.

I really am just amazed that is one of the first thing some McCain supporters think and feel. When I see a McCain sign in people's yard I never get a feeling disgust or hate. It actually makes me happy to see someone able to express their views freely. We live in a great country.

I guess it is because I believe just because I have an opinion one way, that doesn't make me right or the person who disagrees with me wrong.

I get a feeling of hate and fear from a lot of McCain supporters.

Unknown said...

BTW- Bart slept with our windows open Halloween night because he was worried someone was going to do something to our house because of our Obama sign!

Megan said...

Farrah, we have had similar experiences (far worse in California) with the marriage propositions. Wow - people are stealing signs, harassing children at school, etc. I've heard horrer stories. And it's funny, that the people who are against it, say it's all about tolerance. Where is the tolerance for those of us who support it? I could go on all day about that.

Anyway, I don't think Obama is a horrible person. I think he is a good and decent man. I don't think we would go to hell in a handbasket if he wins. I mean, we put up with Clinton, didn't we? But, I do wonder with so much hatred, how it will be for him if he wins.

I think you are an educated voter and I have respect for your views and opinions. I like to read what you have to say and why you are voting the way you are!

Allyson said...

Farrah,

I am sorry if I made you mad. I didn't know people were giving you a hard time about your sign. If I knew, I really wouldn't have said anything, because really, what I said was said as nothing more than a joke.

I am so thankful that we live in a free country and that I can vote the way I want to vote and you can vote the way you want to vote.

I was disgusted the other night when I watched the news and saw a woman who refused to hand out candy to Obama supporters. I couldn't believe it.

I do feel very passionatly about my opinion, as I know you do yours. I am sorry again for what I said.

I have had SEVERAL talks with my children in the past few weeks about what it means to live in America and why it is important that everyone is allowed to have/express their own beliefs and opinions and that we do not judge others or say mean things about others just because they do not believe the same things we do.

Anonymous said...

I just now saw this post and it cracks me up!!! I am glad he knows to be loyal to Texas. I can see his expressions when he said that.