Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tried and True Tuesday: Tie one on

One year for our church's youth conference we had a contest and one of the many things you had to do was tie a tie. Most of the girls lost out on this one, but I knew how to do it and did it in record time.
This is totally not part of my post but I want to say I went on win the entire contest beating out the hundred or so other girls and boys. Back to my subject.


That tie tying skill has been lost. I am not sure where it went but it probably has been gone due to lack of use. Both our boys wear ties to church every Sunday but Bart gets them dressed each and every week (I am so lucky). Plus, Gabe just starting wearing "REAL" ties. Before they were the zip up kind. So I haven't had to tie one in a long time.
The other night we watched a show and the girl tied her boyfriends tie and then put it on him. Bart thought that was hot (yeah, he is weird). I like to do things that Bart thinks is hot because you know, I want to keep him around (see above- him getting the kids ready every Sunday not to mention all the dishes and cleaning he does, oh and he takes good care of me too).

I went and found this great website to help me refresh my skills. I even learned to tie a Windsor knot.
Why don't you surprise your husband/boyfriend and tie one on him? You can thank me later. Let me know how it goes.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Cute post Farrah. My boys don't wear ties to church yet, we tried with Porter and he freaked out, not sure why. Maybe it's something I'll enforce when he gets ready for baptism.

Clinesville said...

A Windsor knot is one of my specialty's!

Anonymous said...

I can see how that is hot to a guy. I should learn to tie tie but................

Anonymous said...

Oh you know what I was trying to type, right? I hate it when I don't proof read before I post my comment.

Allyson said...

"This is totally not a part of my post but....I am so freakin' awesome!"

Yeah, I can see how that would be hot to a guy, but....I'm with Kristy on that one.