Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Confessions

Happy Sunday everyone. Today it is time for Sunday confessions. What is on your mind? Let's get honest and real for a minute.

Here I go:

This week has been a little emotional for me.

For starters, my sister Kristy left for Moscow where she and her family will be living for 2 years. She hasn't lived near me for many years now, but Russia is much farther away then Virgina. And it isn't that easy to make a trip half way around the world to see her. I am very excited for her new adventure, but there is a selfish part of me that wants her to stay here! She is gone and it makes me sad. Everyone who knows Kristy, knows what a ray of sunshine she is.

Not hearing from her for 2 weeks is going to be torture as I have all kinds of questions I want to ask: how she is adjusting, what is her apartment like, is surviving with no car, what it is like to not speak the language, has she gotten over the jet lag, how are the kids doing, does Tia like her new school, is it cold, is she freaking out yet? Plus, the waiting and wondering if she is okay is driving me crazy!!

Next, this has been a tough week because I have really missed my dad. I saw a picture of him and thought for a second, "He isn't gone. Look, he is right there." At times it still seems so unreal that he is no longer here with us. This world, my world, will never be the same without him in it. How grateful I am for my knowledge that I will see him again. Oh, my heart aches to talk to him.

Finally, I received a new calling at my church a few weeks ago. While I am thrilled and excited for the new things I will learn and for the service I will be able to give, I am also a bit overwhelmed. I am still trying to get my arms around everything as it is all so new and foreign to me. My inadequacies are definitely showing and I don't like appearing vulnerable and exposed. Wow, that was a big one for me to confess to.

So tell me, what are your confessions today?

6 comments:

Ashley said...

On Tuesday my Sister will move to MO with my parents and other two Sisters, leaving me all alone. I think I will be physically ill just thinking about that. I don't want to be here alone. :O(

Lindsey said...

okay, so what is the new calling?!?

Unknown said...

Primary president. :)

Megan said...

Farrah - you will be wonderful! The children are lucky to have you!

I don't have any confessions right now....well, I do, but none I'm going to type! :) Maybe I'll be back later.....

Lindsey said...

that's great! you will be so much fun!

Kristy said...

I keep meaning to ask you about your new calling!!!

And sorry you had to go 2 weeks without knowing i was alive. We wil have to chat again on skype. It was so fun last time and made my day!